11 Best Remote Control Motorcycles in 2020
In recent times, it has been found that RC technology has come to stay, especially when it comes to motorcycles. RC motorcycles are the closest thing people can get to the real-life experience of riding or owning a bike without there being any risk involved. Some lovers of the 4WD RC car might argue that it doesn’t match up to the experience of the RC cars, but truth be told. There is no better, exciting and satisfying feeling than owning an RC motorcycle.
A huge positive for RC motorcycles is that they are easy to afford and maintain, so you don’t need to worry too much about the cost. So you are guaranteed fun, without it costing you so much. But getting an RC motorcycle can be a daunting task because some which are branded as the “best” are not always what they seem to be, and you can’t blame the salesmen who are just trying to make a living.
Remote Controlled motorcycles are made in a different form with amazing features, just like most of their four-wheeled counterparts. They come with training wheels that help them to maintain balance while in motion, just like most two-wheeled toys do.
There are a few tips to be concerned in other to make your experience in choosing an RC motorcycle stress-free. Do they include battery capacity? What distance can it cover? The power, performance, ease of control, stability, among others.
The Best Remote Control Motorcycle Are Reviewed Below
Lovers and fans of RC motorcycles all around the globe can agree that it takes a lot of research to be able to pick out the best RC motorcycles nowadays because the market has been flooded with so many options. We have taken the liberty to help you out by providing a list of the best possible options you could choose from.
Below is a list of the best options we could find presently. We hope you find one that suits your needs.
Top Race 4 Channel RC Motorcycle
The Top Race 4 Channel RC Motorcycle is made from plastic and metal components, which makes it light, and also capable of handling the occasional crashing. Its tires are made out of grippy rubbers and not the plastic types. So, you are assured the tires would not skid out from under while turning. Guidewires on either side of the motorcycle are there to provide little stability assistance to prevent it from laying out flat on tight turns.
- 2.4GHz Remote Control transmitter
- 2 Wheels with Built-in Gyro
- Made of metal and Plastic of the highest quality
- Rubber and anti-skid tires
- Front and back LED lights
- 4.5 inches in length and 2.5 inches in height
- Charging Cable
- 2 AA Batteries
- Manufacturer: Top Race
- Dimensions: 6× 1×4 Inches
- Weight: 1.3 Pounds
- Recommended Age: 5 years and above
- 1:10 Scale
- It has a Gyroscope feature.
- It is a 4GHz Transmitter.
- LED lights are present
- It is made of the highest quality of metal and plastic
- It doesn’t come with a battery
- It has an average speed which is not good enough for most people
Super Mario Kart 8 Mario Anti-Gravity RC Motorcycle
This mini RC motorcycle is the perfect choice to guarantee 360-degree spinning. It was manufactured by Nintendo for its fans to have a great feeling of what it feels like to be MARIO. It can perform tricks and drift in anti-gravity mode with the press of a button. This RC motorcycle has a control range of up to 100 feet. The cool lighting system on the super Mario kart 8 motorcycles gives it a unique light when it is struck anywhere, and this is one of the features that make it stand out from the rest. Another stand-out feature is its ability to shrink down a course when needed.
- Control range of 100 feet-it is built to go the distance
- 2 mode-Standard mode and anti-gravity mode
- Tricks and drifts-All with the press of a button
- 360-degree spins and pop up wheels
- Dimension: 11.5*8*7.25 inches
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Recommended age: 8-11 years
- Battery: 14 AA
- Manufacturer: Jakks
- The wheels can spin 360 degree
- You can race in standard mode.
- The control distance is up to 100 feet
- It has a frequency of 2.4Ghz
- The battery drains easily
Maisto RC Harley Davidson Radio Control Motorcycle
Maisto Tech manufactured this RC motorcycle, and it comes with hidden wheels for stabilization rather than the usual gyroscope. It is comfortable to ride and also has a solid blend of aggressive styling, and it also has other amazing features, just like the real Harley Nightster. This bike is easy to use even though it is just a training bike and might not be super agile, but it can cover a great distance. Maisto Harley RC motorcycle uses 4 AA batteries, and it is 12 inches, but the transmitter is powered separately by a different battery. It has a control range of up to 60 feet, but that would decrease as the battery drains, and no experience is required to handle this RC motorcycle.
- Decorated and styled by Harley-Davidson
- 12 inches long
- Full function radio control
- Control range of 20 meter
- 4 AA battery for the Vehicle
- 2 AAA battery for controller
- Recommended age: 8 years and above
- Dimension: 12.04*6.43*8.72 inches
- Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Manufacturer: Maisto
- It has a 20-meter control range.
- The radio control is a full-function
- Great speed
- It is easy to turn backward and forward
- It doesn’t work well in some driveways
Velocity Toys Speed Lighting RC Motorcycle
The first thing that grabs your attention in this Velocity Toy Speed Lighting Motor is its unique design, coupled with great looking exterior features like A pro steering with all the necessary features. The 2.4GHz control system that makes it interference-free and unique LED headlights that can provide the necessary lamination when required.
- Full function steering
- 2.4 GHz frequency
- Interference-free driving
- Different colour striped wheels
- Rubber tires
- Realistic turning
- Perfect for road racing and outdoor use.
- Remote control Battery: 2 AA batteries
- Manufacturer: Velocity
- Colour: Green and red
- Dimensions: 16*7.5*7 Inches
- Weight: 2.3 Pounds
- Recommended Age: 3-18 years
- Great LED headlights
- Motorcycle battery: 700Mah
- The battery is Rechargeable.
- It has a Tron and unique, inspired design.
- It is well-balanced and sturdy
- It is not suitable for beginners because a required skill level
- It only comes in the green and red colour
HAK142 MotoHawk Multi-functional
The amazing features on the HAK142 Motohawk or hobby grade RC motorcycle go above and beyond what you would expect on a regular RC motorcycle, starting with its amazing design. It has great speed when on track with its 3-wheel drive with an anti-roll feature, which makes it the best choice for any terrain. It also comes with all the necessary equipment to get it running coupled with 3 AA batteries, which reduces stress and saves you from extra cost.
- Rechargeable Motorcycle
- Amazing Design with Precise Control
- Anti-Roll Suspension System
- 3 Wheeled Motorcycle
- Great for floors with tile and carpets
- Charging time: 2-3 hours
- playtime: 15-20 minutes
- All Batteries are Included.
- Wall Adapter Specifications: Input AC 110V – 240V 50/60Hz, Output DC 6V 250mA
- Manufacturer: MotoHawk
- Dimensions: 10*5*8 Inches
- Weight: 2.4 Pounds
- Recommended Age: 6 years and above
- Wall adapter: 100V-240V for input and 6V for output
- 1 x 6V 700mAh Rechargeable Battery
- 1 x Remote Control with flexible antenna
- 1 x AC Wall Charger
- 3 x AA Batteries for Controller
- It provides 20-25 minutes playtime when it is fully charged
- The Anti-roll suspension makes it perfect for use indoor
- The batteries need for the motorcycle to work are already attached to it
- The antenna of the controller is fitted with flexible materials to ensure safety
- The controls can be a bit shaky
Maisto RC Cyklone 360 Police RC Motorcycle
The Maisto Cyclone 360 is capable of real-life stunts just like the real one, real-life stunts are risky to try, but this RC motorcycle gives us a feel of what it feels like, which is one of the reasons that we love it. The amazing 360 stunts can be done with a variety of LED lights on display, which adds more fun to it. Although it doesn’t have the RC motorcycle nitro.
- Twistable rear wheels
- LED lights with different colours
- Dual rear wheels
- Manufacturer: Maisto
- Dimension: 10*4.5*6.2 Inches
- Weight: 3.5 Ounces
- Recommended Age: 8 years and above
- The LED lights attached to it are capable of changing colour while in motion
- It is sensitive and intelligent to obstacles
- It has rotating wheels.
- The dual rear wheels prevent it from tipping over
- It does not come with a battery
Kyosho Casey Stoner Repsol Honda RC212V Moto GP
The Kyosho Casey Stoner Repsol Honda RC motorcycle comes with a scale of 1/18, which is as small as an RC bike could be, it also comes with great RC motocycle kit. It is amazing how its small size did not stop it from having an amazing feature like, be capable of maneuvering to avoid obstacles, a free movement that is free from fiction while moving along floors and smooth surfaces. Another great addition is that it comes already assembled, all you need to do is charge it, and you are good to go.
- 2 wheel vehicle for stability
- 1/18 scale.
- E-gyro RPM response feature
- Front and rear suspension
- USB port which Can charge 2 batteries at the same time
- The battery can be charged using a radio
- Comes with precision ball bearings
- Soft rubber tires
- Manufacturer: Kyosho
- Dimensions: 4.7*1.6*2.9 Inches
- Weight: 1.6 Pounds
- Recommended age: 14 years and above
- Battery: 4 lithium-ion batteries
- Material: Rubber
- It comes already assembled
- It can easily perform a maneuver
- Its handling is easy and simple to use
- There is no optimizing option
Maisto RC Harley Davidson XL
The Mastio RC Harley Davidson XL is truly a unique brand that took all the great features of the real one and fitted it into this RC motorcycle. Although it still has a basic design. But except the blunt design, it has a great length and a great joy to drive around and would surely make people around you fall in love with it. Some of its unique features include the grip controller, mini stabilizer, among others, and you can trust Maisto to deliver the best quality.
- Unique Harley-Davidson decoration and styling- it has styled with the unique Harley-Davidson way wit its trademark. This makes it stand out from the rest.
- Approximately 12 inches long
- Radio control with full function
- Control range of 20 meters
- The Vehicle uses 4 AA batteries
- The controller uses 2 AAA batteries
- Manufacturer: Maisto
- Dimensions: 12*6.4*8.7 Inches
- Weight: 2.8 Pounds
- Recommended Age: 5 – 15 years
- Battery: 2 AA
- It has a unique Harley-Davidson design.
- The wheels prevent it from falling
- It has a grip controller and mini stabilizer
- It doesn’t come with a battery
- It is too basic and lacks imagination
Kyosho Radio Control Honda NSR500
The Kyosho RC motorcycle would probably get your attention just like most bikes, which lean over so during race, especially when they can also deliver a realistic equivalent with it. This RC motorcycle is equipped with great enhancements without compromising its customizability with such a smaller scale.
- Chain drive features with sprockets
- A real motorcycle with mini-chain
- The rider leans into the corners for balance
- Realistic performance by shifting its weight from one side to the other
- Asymmetrical swing arm with mono-shock friction damper was used in the rear suspension
- Manufacturer: Kyosho
- Dimensions: 10.6*3.9*7.5 inches
- Weight: 2.2 Pounds
- Recommended Age: 14 years and above
- Assembly time: 40 hours
- Motor type: Brushed
- Number of channels: 8
- Scale: 1:8
- Advanced features.
- It has great controls
- It can easily be Maneuvered
- The motors are durable
- The decals wear off after a while
Electric Radio Remote Controlled Racing Motorcycle
The red and gold bike, as it is popularly called, is a great bike for beginners of 3 years and above. It can slam into furniture and walls without landing on its back because of its large training wheels. The Led flashlights and sound effects present are guaranteed to make your kids have so much fun. It makes not be the best bike technically, but it is the best option for beginners as they would be able to easily learn the basic turns and tricks with the wheeled controlled steering and throttle. Another great news is that it comes with a year warranty from the Dimple brand covering failures in the bike caused by manufacturing defects.
- Speed racer: kids would love speeding through the house and its environment with this remote control motorcycle
- LED flashlights
- Sound effects
- Attached training wheels for balance
- Multi-directional motion: you can move the motorcycle forward and backward with the help of the remote control
- 360-degree rotation
- Great quality and dimension
- Fun and energetic
- Dimension: 9*8*4 inches
- Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Recommended age: 3-6 years
- Battery: 6 AA
- Manufacturer: DimpleChild
- Material: sturdy plastic
- It comes with great sound effects.
- It has flashing LED lights
- It is capable of multi-directional motion.
- The motorcycle can move backward or forward, depending on your choice.
- It doesn’t come with a battery
RC Kawasaki Ninja Bike
The Kawasaki Ninja is one of our real-life favourites for performances on both the racetrack and road, which operates with the dual joystick. It is a great choice if you are looking for great stability and the perfect physical details. A little setback is that it isn’t a long-range runner but was built mainly for the playroom.
- Remote Control
- Control distance of up to 25 Feet!
- Back and front Wheels
- Weight: 975 g
- Dimension: 19*24.1*11.4* cm
- Recommended age: 5 years and above
- Battery: 5 AA
- It doesn’t fall over.
- Great control range of 25 feet
- Amazing design.
- You can control all wheels independently
- Does not come with a battery so batteries would have to be bought separately
Buying Guide Questions
Do you have any questions about RC motorcycles? Then this section is just for you. in this section, we try to answer in the easiest way the basic questions most RC motorcycle users or future users have.
What does the RC stand for in Honda RC motorcycles?
This is one of the questions most people ask because it can be confusing for beginners. The RC in Honda RC motorcycles is a prefix that stands for Racing Corporation, which is part of the racing division of honda japan called the Honda Racing Corporation currently but was previously known as Racing Service Center.
How do RC motorcycles work?
RC motorcycle or RC bikes as it is also called has been around since the 1980s, events and competitions by some enthusiastic fans, but unfortunately, it was not given the proper attention back then. Most RC control motorcycles like the Kyosho’s smaller Mini-Z MOTO Racer line make use of an active electronic stability system, but other like the HOR bike employes a passive method, with the front wheel containing a gyroscope.
Unlike RC cars, RC motorcycles operate differently because they have no direct linkage. After all, it is allowed the freedom to achieve balance while at high speed and turning. Steering on the RC motorcycles literally works in the opposite direction; for example, a left movement on the transmitter causes a movement in the opposite direction for the motorcycle and vice versa.
Just like the name Remote controller implies, you would need a remote control, battery and a safe and smooth surface to be able to control it. Some of these are usually attached to the motorcycle when purchased from a licensed store. Although there are limits to the range at which the remote controller would be able to operate, so before making your choice, you should consider the control range carefully.
How do RC motorcycles stay balanced?
Just like real motorcycles, RC motorcycles stay balanced in the same way. When a motorcycle is falling over, it means it is moving laterally, thereby providing a force that would push it in the right direction to fall on the road. The wheel of the RC motorcycle aligns in the direction of the bike with the help of a trail present at the front wheel, which acts as a guide for the motorcycle to fall in the right direction and still maintain its balance.
The easiest way to gain balance and speed at the same time is a method called counter steering, which involves movement in the opposite direction.
It is a tough choice to make a selection because all the RC motorcycles above have great features, but, with the review, we are sure it makes a choice easier and smoother. There are different kinds of RC motorcycles with great features to suit everyone, so the only question that you should ask your self is, what kind of driver are you?
Remote Control motorcycles are the perfect alternative toy for kids if you want to avoid the usual Remote Controlled cars and go for something safe and more exciting. Some of the models mentioned in this article are great for the kids because they have great controls almost like that of a car, others have a gyroscope and are more advanced with multiple channels to ensure a more exciting ride.
RC motorcycles are a great source of fun not only for kids but for anyone who wishes to have a feeling of the real-life experience of owning a motorcycle. Although the price is something to be taken into consideration for some but no matter the decision, we are assuring you that it is worth the price. You can use this buying guide to make a great purchase, and you can check the question and answer section to get answers to the most important questions. Have fun.