10 Best Drones for Kids in 2020
Drones are the dreams of every person, both young and old, and kids are no exception. Most kids see superman has their favorite hero and wish they could fly just like him. Well, a drone is the closest they can come to that. A lot of factors have been considered when making drones for kids like performance and safety. Drones are seen as toys for kids, but they offer much more than that, they also help in brain development. We have taken the time to review the best possible options that are sure to give your kids the ultimate experience.
The Best Drones for kids in 2020 is Reviewed Below
Below is a list of our best drone options for kids in 2020. We hope you find it helpful and find one that is perfect for your kids’ needs.
Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Tough Trike
The fisher-price Harley-Davidson is a drone that is being made from non-toxic ABS plastic which is durable, and it is good for the environment and safe for kids to play with. The drone is easy to fly, switch it on and wait for the lights to come on and then throw it in the air. It is that simple. The drone can avoid obstacles during flight.
- No remote control.
- The drone would fly in the opposite direction when your hands are close to it and you can control the paths it follows or altitudes with your hands or a simple gesture.
- ABS sturdy material.
- Damage resistant- The ABS material that was used to design this drone make it safe and last longer in the event of a crash.
- Avoid Obstacles Design makes the flying toy drone safe.
- It has four in-built Propellers and 4 Motors.
- The Quadcopter Drone keeps a 360° Rotating while Flying because of its fast rotation.
- The drone can hover when flying at a certain level, and you can grab the ball to make it stop flying.
- Weight: 1 oz
- Dimensions: 4.8*4.8* 2.8 inches
- Material: Non-toxic ABS material
- Use Age: 4 years and above
- Flight Time: 5-8 minutes
- Charging Time: 35 minutes
- Battery: 3.7V Lithium (can be recharged)
- It is crash resistant because of its design
- It has hands-free control
- The battery stops charging once it is full
- You can flip it over to stop flying
- LED lights make it attractive at night
- The battery does not last more than 5 minutes after a charge
SGOTA RC Quadcopter Drone
The Sgota RC quadcopter drone is one of the best toy drone available. Its durability is a significant advantage as it can still maintain its structure after a few crashes, parts can easily get sourced from amazon. Setting up the device and linking it to your phone is as easy as they come and you can supervise the flight on your phone while your kid is using it.
- Dual HD cameras
- Follow Me mode-Open the follow Me mode function, The RC drone can recognize people automatically, and it will support you to take photos or videos.
- 2mp 720P HD camera with perfect shot
- Altitude hold function-allows the drone to keep hovering at a certain height after removing your hand from the controller
- 3d rolling over
- Headless mode
- Flowery LED lights
- A key to take off and land.
- Controller: 2.4GHz
- Control distance: About 100m
- Battery for quadcopter: 3.7V 1100mAh li-ion battery
- Charging time: About 90 minutes
- Working time: About 10-12 minutes
- Controller battery: 3*1.5V AAA
- Folding Size: 10*13*4.5cm
- Expanded Size:25*25*4.5cm
- Item weight: 116g
- It has high-quality footage
- It has a range of roughly 100 meters
- The drone can easily be recalled
- It has the follow-me feature
- It has the headless feature which is great for beginners
- The kids get only 8 minutes of flight time
UFO Flying Ball Toys
The UFO Flying Ball Toys has a great control that is easy to learn for kids combined with its ability to hover at a certain height, and 360 rotation is sure to keep them excited. It has two-speed modes which are high and medium speeds and can be indicated with the blue and green light respectively. The gyroscope can control accuracy . You just need to gently throw the ball in the air to start the flying immediately. It is totally Safe for your kids and safe from damage by collisions. This helicopter ball can light itself up when in the dark or at night, easy for you or kids to chase, find and grab it.
- The Latest Infrared Sensor Hover Technology: Mini drones adopt advanced LED infrared sensor hover technology.
- Easy to Control and Fun: The most fantastic feature of drone quadcopter flying toy is that the ball can operate in the opposite direction when your hands are close to it.
- Safe and Durable: This RC Helicopter mini flying drone is made of non-toxic and PP material that is flexible, lightweight and has fierce collision resistance
- Speed Adjustable LED Drone Ball: Two kinds of speeds to choose. Greenlight for medium speed and blue light for high speed, and you can switch a proper flying speed according to spaces we play in.
- 1 Flying Ball Toy Drones
- 1 USB Charging Cable
- 1 Screwdriver
- 1 User Manual.
- Color: Blue.
- Weight: 135g.
- Dimensions: 11cm x5.3cm.
- Battery: In-built Lithium Battery that can be recharged
- Flight Time: 5-8minutes.
- Flying Speed: Medium Speed Mode/High-Speed Mode.
- Charging Time: About 40 minutes
- Great LED light for night use
- It can be controlled with your hand
- It is resistant to collision
- It comes with a full guide of how to use it
- It turns off when fully charged
- It will crash land if the battery drains while in-flight
Potensic A30W FPV Drone
This is one of the best drones for 8 years old with cameras. It comes with a high-quality FPV video camera which is useful for capturing high-quality videos and images and can be viewed on your mobile app. The drone can follow any pattern drawn on your phone, which is a great feature for parents who would like to control their kids’ movements and flight pattern. The app on the phone can also control flight speed and direction, which is excellent for preventing damage.
- 720P camera drone
- Easy and safe operation-This Potensic A30W comes with the intelligent operation, such as altitude hold mode, one key take-off/land, emergency stop, and so much more.
- Three speed-But once you become an expert, you can adjust it between the 3 different speed and fly pass any obstacle
- WI-FI real-life transmission-Connect your drone with the app (iOS and Android) via Wi-Fi to enjoy real-time viewing of the high-definition images and smooth operation.
- The comfortable and safety design and portable size with multi-function work make this Potensic A30W the ideal mini drone for kids.
- Dimension:9.5*14.4*20.3 inches
- Weight:15.5 ounces
- Recommended age:14 years and above
- Battery:1 lithium-polymer battery
- Flight time:6-8 minutes
- It has a battery life of 8 minutes when fully charged
- The removable battery helps in extending the flight time
- Easy to assemble
- The phone application can control the speed, direction and flight route
- It has an alarm that indicates when the battery is low
- If the signal is terrible, it affects the video quality.
SYMA X22W Mini Drone with Camera
This drone comes with a perfectly fitted battery into its tray, which makes it easy for kids to replace the battery alone during flight time. Its dual battery makes flight time longer, and the trims have to be adjusted before the flight to aid better stability.
- User-friendly: SYMA X22W drone is user-friendly. Just press a button, and it will take off or land.
- Headless mode
- Powerful and safe: Protective propeller guards ensure a safe flight.
- Stable and traceable: The altitude hold function ensures a steady hover in the air at a specific altitude.
- Gravity sensor control: The built-in G-sensor is designed to control the drone by adjusting the vertical and horizontal position of the smartphone.
- Size:5.7*5.6*1.2 inch
- Flying time:7-9 mins for each battery
- Flying distance: About 25 meters
- Charging time: About 60 mins
- Recommended age:14 years and above
- It has an extra set of spare propellers attached to it.
- The batteries can be easily replaced
- It has a flight time of 9 minutes
- 720P camera
- Wi-Fi connection to your phone app
- It is stable while in flight.
- It collects air which can limit the responsiveness of the propeller
- Difficult to operate in windy conditions
BOMPOW Flying Toys Drones for Kids
This is an excellent drone toy choice for kids between 8 years and above because the speed at which it is flying can be distinguished with the help of the blue and green light which is for low and medium respectively. However, the lights make the drone exciting and beautiful to operate at night. The infra-red light that the auto sensor uses enables it to avoid obstacles with ease while controlling the direction of the drone. The battery can last for a maximum of 8 minutes. The bouncy ABS material design can resist damage when it falls.
- Hand Controlled Flying Toy
- Thanks for the advanced technology, you can also use your hands to control its direction by closing it. Great fun to play
- Hovering and 360° Rotating Auto Fly: This flying ball has an in-built moter that consists of 4 powerful rotation motors that provides 360-degrees rotation while flying
- Rechargeable Battery
- LED Lights
- 2-speed models
- Durable and Special Aircraft Body: These flying toys are made of non-toxic and high-grade ABS material which is lightweight, flexible and collision resistance.
- Dimension:6.97*6.3*2.24 inches
- Weight: 3.34 ounces
- Recommended age: 8 years and above
- Battery: 1 lithium-ion battery
- Charging: USB
- Flying time:5-8 minutes
- It is capable of body withstanding crashes
- Great lights for night use
- It has an auto sensor to avoid obstacles
- It can take off automatically when thrown in the air gently
- low battery warning signal.
- The propellers can come off easily
- It would land with a thud mostly in high altitudes
Spacekey Mini RC Helicopter Drone for Kids
The ease of assembling this toy drone would amaze you, and it is nothing like your regular ones as it is easy to use. It only takes 10 minutes to assemble because of the easy to read the manual that comes with it: a propeller guard, screwdriver and four propeller guards. The controls are easy for kids to use and understand, and it also comes with a storage compartment for your drone. Also, it can perform cool 3D flips which is impressive and unique.
- Super-stable drone, easy for kids and beginners: The functions are easy to operate, and the drone’s flight is super stable.
- Altitude hold function
- Foldable design
- Headless mode: With this feature the front of the drone is determined by the direction the user is facing, saving you the stress of looking for the front of the drone.
- One key return: The drone is able to return back to the user.
- Unique 360° rotation function
- Low-interference 2.4GHz technology
- 6-Axis gyro stabilization system
- Dimension: 4.5×4.5×1.2 inches
- Flying time: 6-8 minutes
- Control range: About 30-50 meters
- Charging time: 40 minutes
- It is durable
- Great controls for beginners
- Easy hovering around
- 8 minutes of flight after a full charge
- The 3-speed which is great for beginners
- It gets hot and needs about 5 minutes to cool down
SANROCK GD65A Mini Drone Quadcopter 4.5
How to protect the vulnerable propellers from crashes is probably one of the great concern of parents but not to worry. There are ring protectors attached to this drone which keeps the propellers safe in case of a crash, thereby making it more durable. The motor can be easily replaced if damaged as it is connected through the interface. The battery lasts for a maximum of 5 minutes while this drone can perform flips and tricks.
- 6-axis gyroscope
- Headless mode
- Low voltage alarm- This feature ensure safety while flying
- The 3D flip mode will make your kids feel excited when playing indoor or outdoor.
- One Key Return: The drone is able to return back home with the press of a button while the tail is facing you
- Extended Flight Time: The drone accompanied with 2 removable and chargeable batteries, triples the flight time up to 14 minutes, and it is easy to replace the battery.
- Cool Pocket Design: With its portable size, just put the mini drone in your pocket and take it anywhere and anytime.
- Product Dimensions:3 x 3 x 1 inches
- Item Weight:6.4 ounces
- Charging time:40 minutes
- Flight Time:7 Mins per battery
- Control Range:164FT
- Remote control:2.4 GHz wireless controller
- Motors can be easily replaced
- Night flying with LED lights
- It has 30 meters as its control range
- Two batteries are included
- Great for beginners
- It can not be flown in windy conditions
Atoyscasa FPV RC Drone
What makes this drone standout from the rest is its incredible flight time and range although the range depends on if it is the remote control or phone app that is being used. The drone can achieve a range of 300 feet while the mobile app is capable of half of that (150 feet). 20-25 minutes of flight time is possible with this drone, and that means lots of playtime for kids. The images are stored on the phone, so no need to install an SD card.
- Wi-Fi with 120° FOV 720P HD camera
- Camera- This drone has a 120° Wide-angle 720P HD Camera with moveable angles, which captures high-quality video and clear aerial photos.
- Wi-Fi transmission FPV system
- 3D Flip and One Key Take Off
- Landing and Headless Mode
- Altitude Hold
- Drone for Kids and Beginners- This function allows a user of any level to take-off and land like a pro
- 3-speed modes for beginners
- Bonus battery for longer flight time
- Transmitter: 2.4GHz Wireless Transmitter
- Control distance: controller 100-120m,WiFi connection:50 meters
- Main blade diameter: 152mm
- Battery for quadcopter: 3.7V 800mAh
- Controller battery: 3*AAA/1.5V battery
- Main motor type: 85*24, 4PCS
- Total weight: 148g, Gyroscope: Built-in
- Charge time: 90 minutes
- Time of flight time: 6-7 minutes
- Camera: 720P
- The images taken by the drone are stored on the mobile app
- Flight stability ensures clearer pictures
- It is easy to assemble
- It has a flight time of 20-25 minutes
- It has a control range of 200 feet
- The lights can not be synchronized with the remote
DBPOWER Quadcopter FPV Camera Drone
With up to 200 feet high and 300 feet horizontally, this drone has a good control range. The controller design shows a variety of feature which include: the signal strength, settings indicators and live footage from the drone. The drone size makes it the perfect fit for windy conditions. The altitude function ensures the stability of the drone.
- 720P high definition WI-FI camera
- Bonus battery for extra flight time: There are two large-capacity batteries which can each last at least 6 minutes when fully charged.
- First-person view of your flight
- Altitude hold and Headless mode
- Two-speed modes: There is a speed mode for everyone
- Dimension: 13.26*12.89*3.6 inches
- Weight: 5.75 ounces
- App Support: Flyingsee APP
- Battery: 2*3.7V 350mAh Li-PO
- It has incredible HD camera footage
- It is fun to fly at night because of its LED light
- It has a control range of 300 feet
- It comes with a 4GB SD Card for video storage
- The trim adjustments are difficult to use
Buying Guide Questions
What is the best drone for an 8 year old?
In the drone business, everyone has a drone that suits their needs and 8 years old are no exceptions. There are lots of options to pick from when it comes to selecting a drone for your 8 year old kid but the best drone for an 8 year old kid would be the SYMA X22W mini drone with camera. The SYMA X22W mini drone is easy to assemble and control, and it has a great aerial view with great pictures.
What is the best drone for a 10 years old?
The Haktoys HAK901 mini drone is the best choice for 10 year old kids. With a range of 120 feet control distance and flight time of at least 5 minutes which is fantastic for 10 year old kids.
What is the best drone for a 12 year old?
Some people see 12 year old kids as maturing teenagers, but drone manufactures still consider them as kids, and they were not left out. The 818 Hornet drone is probably the best option out there for 1 year old kids. This drone is easy to operate for the 12 year old mind while taking great aerial video and photos with its HD action camera.
What is the best drone to buy for kids?
Every kid wants to have the best drone experience possible, and that requires the best drone available. The Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Tough Trike is the best choice to go for because of its easy to use features.
Can a child fly a drone? Can kids have drones?
This is a crucial question. Most parents tend to ask because the safety of their kids is the priority. YES, a child can have a drone and also fly one. Manufactures of drones have taken into consideration of kids and parents, and they have put out amazing drones just for kids. The drones for kids are easy to use and have safety features, thereby ensuring the safety of the kids.
Getting a drone for your kid would be an excellent gift for them while also improving their motor and coordination skill. It would also help to keep them busy while you concentrate on other things. We hope you find this list helpful and get your kid a drone because they would love it.